MX Player is the best video player available for Android devices. The video player supports various types of video format along with audio formats too. This is the only entertainment application that integrates all forms of entertainment in all platform. MX Player is one of the top-grade offline video player, online streaming application and music player.
Features of MX Player
Before moving further with the MX Player Custom Codec, let me mention you some of the coolest and popular features of MX Player.
- PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN: With the help of this feature, you can easily zoom in or zoom out by pinching or by swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan feature is also available, which is a new feature.
- MULTI-CORE DECODING: MX Player is the first Android video player with multi-core decoding functionality.
- HARDWARE ACCELERATION: Hardware Acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of the new HW+ decoder.
- KIDS LOCK: After enabling the Kids Lock, you can seamlessly keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make any call or open some other application.
- SUBTITLE GESTURES: With the help of this feature, you can scroll forward/backwards to move to next/previous texts, up/down to move text up/down, zoom in/out to change the size of the text.
- MX FILE SHARING: Using MX File Sharing, you can share music, video, or other documentation without using mobile data hassle freely.
MX Player does not have the previous existing codec in the latest update as the developer has removed them. So now you can’t play AC3, DTS, MLP, TrueHD and many other cool formats. No worries, for this situation only, we have come up with the MX Player Custom Codec which will let you use all the functionalities and run videos/audios (DTS, AC3, etc.) of all formats with ease. Thanks to XDA Developers for building this Custom Codec.
Subtitle Formats of MX Player
- WebVTT (.vtt)
- TMPlayer (.txt)
- SubViewer2.0 (.sub)
- MPL2 (.mpl)
- PJS (.pjs)
- MicroDVD (.sub)
- VobSub (.sub/,idx)
- SubRIP (.srt)
- DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
- SAMI (.smi) with Ruby tag support.
MX Player Custom Codec
The MX Player Custom Codec pack comes with “FFmpeg” library along with the other necessary libraries which are needed to run the videos/audios of all formats. The official MX Player will contain the required libraries of file formats which are supported for your device (according to your device architecture). However, after installing the Custom Codec file you will be able to access any type of file formats in your device.
Features and Support Version
- Plays DTS, AC3, DTS-HD, MLP, EAC3 audio formats video with this Custom Codec.
- Compatible with any version of the MX Player application.
- x86 and MIPS Chipset devices
- Arm V5TE
- Arm V6
- Arm V6-VFP
- Arm V7-Neons
- Arm V7-Tegra2
- Arm V7-Tegra3
Download DTS, AC3 and other Custom Codec
I would recommend you to select MX_aio.zip file as it will automatically find the correct code for your device. Therefore, hassle-free you can install the MX Player Custom Codec.
There are two different methods for the installation of MX Player Custom Codec.
- Download the MX Player Custom Codec File, unzip it and copy it to the Root Folder of your device.
- After you have successfully copied the MX Player Custom Codec File to your device’s Root Folder, and then open MX Player.
- MX Player will automatically ask you to use the Custom Codec (if a compatible codec is found).
- Open the MX Player application on your device.
- Click on the ‘Three-line’ at the top left corner of the application.
- Now, go to Settings and then select the Decoder option.
- After selecting the Decoder option, scroll down a bit and then select Custom Codec option. And then select the compatible Codec ZIP file for your device.
- MX Player will now opt of a restart. That’s it, you are now ready to enjoy any file formats easily.
- Also, after restarting the application, go to Help Option > About, and check whether the Codec is successfully loaded or not.
So finally everything is done for MX Player Custom Codec to run any type of file formats on your device, smoothly. If this article is helpful, then do not forget to share it with your communities. Also, don’t forget to comment down if you are facing any kind of issue regarding the installation. We will be happy to help you out. Stay tuned to TekhXpert.